Technical Support Specialists provide timely and professional application and end-user support to Echo customers via telephone and remote connectivity. As the primary contact between the company and users of the software, they serve a critical role by interfacing with the customer base. This includes sharing customer comments, suggestions and concerns with other departments in the organization, with a goal toward complete customer satisfaction in all areas of service. The nature of the work in Customer and Technical Support demands cross-functional cooperation between various departments within Echo, and as such, requires all employees to work cooperatively and with a positive, teamwork attitude at all times.
- Review, triage and document all new issues/inquiries
- Escalate complex cases to Tier 2 support
- Document all activity via CRM
- Coordinate customer access to p2p365, sFTP, etc.
- Create Knowledge Base submissions
- Monitor p2p365 and log potential cases
- Develop and demonstrate single product familiarity (navigation, setup, etc.)
- Understand and practice all HIPAA policy and procedures
- Document and submit product enhancement requests
- Assist with QA and release testing processes as assigned by Support Manager
- Direct non-SMA inquiries to appropriate departments (consultation request, custom work, training, etc.)
- Consistently meet department targets for customer satisfaction, case closure and case engaging.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess basic diagnosis and problem resolution skills
- Must possess basic presentation and facilitation skills
- Able to learn multiple software products and to utilize this knowledge in problem resolution
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Able to work independently yet able to effectively request and obtain the resources necessary to complete assigned tasks
- Aptitude for learning complex concepts
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities
- Develop critical thinking skills toward autonomous decision making
Previous experience in technical support, HelpDesk environment and/or customer service preferred. Previous experience with accounting, medical billing, behavioral health care, meaningful use, crystal reports and/or SSRS, and lab order and/or prescription handling a plus, but not required.
Proficiency with current and recent releases of MS Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, MS SQL Server or similar SQL packages, ODBC database concepts, and network protocols and environments.