We are seeking qualified, team players to join our Development team here at The Echo Group. Software developers work on large and small projects that are fun, challenging and span the spectrum of front-end development and complex processing. This position includes analyzing and designing solutions to complex problems and deploying those solutions in any of Echo’s products. Software developers work in a team environment with several Echo departments and may include interactions with customers to understand their needs. This position requires outstanding organization, communication, and time management skills.
- Develops software code necessary to complete the assigned project(s) in the specified time frame according to Echo standards and guidelines.
- Writes, modifies, and debugs software
- Identifies and reports problems in new and existing software; recreates reported software problems to facilitate solutions; this includes validating the fix for the software problem.
- Assists in the preparation of internal software design documentation.
- Uses internal development tools such as source debuggers and visual development environments in an appropriate and necessary manner
- Profiles, analyzes and optimizes the software he/she is responsible for implementing.
- Employs best practices for design, development, unit testing and test plan development.
- Writes and conducts unit and integration tests
- Participates in peer code reviews
- Seeks to improve personal job related knowledge and process by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities, and reading professional publications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Web Development experience
- Relational databases – SQL scripting, Stored Procedures, prefer SQL Server experience
- Application servers and servlet containers – preferably Tomcat, JBoss, and/or JRun
- Ability to create layouts using HTML5 and CSS3
- A strong understanding of modern web development practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Qualifications: BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience required. Three years of enterprise software development experience required.
15 Washington Street, 03818, Conway
Monday - Friday 8AM-5PM
April 2, 2019